Monday 25 March 2013

MFTWSC116 Birthday wishes

Hi everyone.

Can't believe it's Monday again!!  But it's the last Monday for this term!!  Schools are closing down for the first break of the year on Thursday, so next week I can get up a bit later in the mornings and I love that!  I have to admid - I love staying in bed till .... (no, I won't tell you. LOL!!).  Specially now that our weather is getting a bit cooler and one can feel autumn is here, there is no bigger treat than spending time sleeping till the sun is high up in the sky!    That's something a mum doesn't have the priveledge to do often, hey!

Well, let's go back to cards, now.  I've done a card for the MFTWSC116 challenge.  Here is the sketch for the week:


and the card I've made:



Some more photo's:

 


I've shaded all my edges with Stormy Sky and Black Soot distress inks from Ranger and inked it with a DewDrop Brilliance Lightning black ink pad.
I've lifted the flower petels a bit by adding a small piece of foam tape underneath each. I've put the pieces of foam tape quite far down at the bottom of the petals so that it does not show and spoil the look of your flower.  I think the flower turned out very nice.  The die I've used is the Botanical Beauty Set by MFT.  I've added a Leaf Filled flourish (also by MFT) underneath the flower and rounded it off with a pearl in the centre of the flower.
The sentiment stamp is part of the Borderline set by Verve.
The patterned papers I've used are from KaiserCraft (Lavendar Haze Collection).
I've finished it off with three more pearls at the bottom.

That's my card for today.
Thanks for the visit and have a lovely Monday!
Petra


 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wat 'n pragtige kaartjie met die pink en swart wat jy so treffend gekombineer het!
Amelia x