Monday 26 August 2013

Mojo Monday!!

Hi everyone.

Hope you are all well on this Monday morning!!  It is a beautiful day in George and spring is definitely in the air!!

I visited the Mojo Monday blog  a minute or two after the sketch for the week has been loaded and I decided to jump in right away and make a card following Julee's sketch.  I went for a square card and a bit of mixed media again.  Here is my card:

 
 

I've put some gesso on the bg paper and the corrugated cardboard strip and I've shaded the sentiment panel with some Black Soot distress ink.  The sentiment is from the 'Birthday Phrases' set by Verve.
The oval die is a nestie by Spellbinders.  The flower die is part of the 'Winter Rose' die-set from the Die-namics range by MFT.  The 'Leaf-filled Flourish' die is also by MFT.  The twine flower is an idea that I came up with for a scrapbook page and I like how it turned out, so I decided to make one for my card.  Added some pearls as in Julee's sketch and that's it!  Hope you like my card!

Here's Julee's sketch.  Play along at the Mojo Monday blog

 
Thanks for stopping by and if you've got a spare moment I would love you to leave a comment!
Have a lovely week - hope you've got lots of time to be creative!!
 
Kind regards



8 comments:

christinef said...

Très jolie carte !!

Sharon said...

Another beautiful creation my friend. Love it. That string looks amazing. You have such lovely ideas. Big hugs Sharon x

Debi said...

Lovely card. Fantastic flower and textured border!
DebiB

thatmightlookgoodonacard.blogspot.com
visit anytime!

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful card Petra! Love the loopy twine flower and the white washed detail!

Hannelie said...

ek gaan daai twine blommetjie probeer!
Dis regtig uniek. Ek wil se 'perfect execution'... help met die afrikaan!

Hannelie said...

Afrikaans :)

stampingbowd said...

Your twine flower is stunning! I don't have the patience to work with twine so I am in awe! I love the brushed gesso on the DP an cardboard! Fabulous card!

Angela said...

Great rich textures and cool colors on this handsome card, Petra!