Friday 7 March 2014

CTS#67

Hi everyone.

Quick post before I have to fetch my son from chess class.
The card I've made is for the current sketch challenge over at the CAS(E) This Sketch Blog.
This is my card:



and the sketch:

 
 
For my card I've stamped the star from My Mind's Eye (Item #LL1005) with black staz-on on white cardstock.  I heat-embossed the star with silver embossing powder on black cardstock and cut it out.  I heat-embossed it again with silver embossing powder on white cardstock and cut out the middle part.  I adhered the cut-out white star to the black one and adhered that overlapping the staz-on star.
Computer generated the sentiment, layered on black cardstock and adhered with foam tape overlapping the stars.  Added some silver rhinestones and adhered my panel with foam tape onto my card front.  Quick and easy and I must say I like how it turned out!
 
Have to be off!! 
Thanks for popping in (...and I love your comments!!)
Regards
Petra 

10 comments:

Irish Cherokee said...

A very different kind of card Petra. I like a lot. Nice.

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, what a fabulous take on the sketch! I love it!

Anita in France said...

Wow, Petra, what a brilliant card ... so much depth and texture with the layering and embossing and bling ... and still so beautifully CAS! Anita :)

chilli pip said...

Lovely card Petra.

stampingbowd said...

Super fun star image!!! I love how you cut out the second one! Awesome!

Unknown said...

A fabulous card Petra - love the black, white and silver theme with just a little bling!!! Absolutely gorgeous. Hope you're having a great weekend - we actually have sun!!!

Hugs.

Karen xxx

shirley-bee said...

Great take on the sketch!

Hannelie said...

Ja jy is n ster!
Pragtig gedoen!

Jen W. said...

Love that fabulous star image and it looks awesome stamped in silver! Thanks for playing along with CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

Sharon said...

I have not tried embossing. This is a gorgeous card my friend. Love it! hugs Sharon x