Friday 19 September 2014

RS#132



Hi everyone!



I thought I would not take part in the challenge over at the Retrosketches Blog this week, but when I looked at the great sketch again, I decided to make a card before cut-off time in a few hours' time.


This is the sketch:


 
 
 
and the card I have made:

 
 
 



I've used dp by Teresa Collins.
The leaf stamp and die is from the 'Turning a new Leaf' set by PTI and the Pennant Trim die is from Verve.
I splattered some black acrylic paint on my white bg.
Added some twine, a clothes' peg and black plastic dots to finish it off.
Afrikaans sentiment saying: 'Congratulations'.


That will be it for today!!  Hope you have a lovely start to your weekend!!!

Keep well!!
Kind regards.
Petra

12 comments:

MaryH said...

Your cards continue to amaze me with the designs you come up with. The graphics, the die elements and all the little extra bits you add to make them uniquely your own, always end up with such a charming card. This one is wonderful. The tiny banners at the base reminded me of a city scape at first. Then I realized it was banners. Outstanding! Happy wkend, TFS & Hugs too.

Anita in France said...

Fantastic, Petra ... a mini work of art! Such brilliant elements and layers, so perfectly put together ... just lovely! Anita :)

Vicki Dutcher said...

So fabulous! I so adore your neutral backgrounds that are so amazingly layered! Great job with the sketch~

Unknown said...

Another amazingly designed card Petra. I love all the elements and that little clothes peg is genius. More ink splattering I see - it's so effective!

Hugs.

Karen xxx

Mona Pendleton said...

Gorgeous card Petra! Great take on the sketch! Thanks for the inspiration!

Sharon said...

Another gorgeous creation my friend. Just love the colours and the design is superb! hugs Sharon x

Hannelie said...

Kyk hoe oulik hou daardie wasgoed pennetjie als bymekaar!
So mooi gedoen!

stampingbowd said...

wow!!! Gorgeous!!!! I love how you use cord/twine!!!! You have interpreted the sketch superbly!!!!

chilli pip said...

Lovely layers and lovely little banner across the bottom . Like that little peg on the twine

Nancy Thomas said...

Beautifully done - love the graphic look with all the right touches.

Rosemary said...

OMG!!! what a stunningly gorgeous take on the sketch!!

Martha said...

Hi, Petra! This is my first time to visit your blog. AND...am I glad I did!

WOW...this gorgeous card you've created really caught my eye...as I visited the Retro Sketches challenge blog. I love your take on the sketch. Beautifully done!

After taking a look through more of your lovely creations, I subscribed to your blog through email. I love your creativity!